Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Diesel Engine Oil is a full synthetic motor oil that features exclusive Triple Protection Plus technology, formulated with fully synthetic base oils plus advanced additives to protect against wear, deposits and oil breakdown PLUS better low temperature flow and increased fuel economy performance, without compromising durability, compared to conventional SAE 15W-40 oils. Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 engine oil provides:
Better Fuel Economy
This full synthetic heavy-duty engine oil offers enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5% that can save money in fuel consumption, without compromising engine protection or durability.
Improved Wear Performance
Full synthetic CK-4 heavy duty engine oil provides a significantly increased level of protection against harmful engine wear when compared to previous generation API CJ-4 engine oils.
Improved Deposit Control
The advanced multi-functional dispersant additives in combination with synthetic base oils provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants.
Improved Heat Resistance
Full synthetic heavy-duty engine oil resists breakdown by heat to provide continuous protection throughout the service interval.
Emissions System Compatibility
Advanced low-ash formulation helps control blocking of or poisoning of exhaust after-treatment devices, helping maintain vehicle emission compliance and engine fuel efficiency.
Outstanding Shear Stability
Shell Rotella T6 synthetic oil resists viscosity loss through shear and will maintain optimal pressure in the engine.
Specifications, Approvals and Recommendations
- API: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4
- ACEA E9
- Allison TES 439
- Caterpillar ECF-2/ECF-3
- Cummins CES 20086; 20081
- Detroit Fluid Specification (DFS) 93K222, 93K218
- Ford WSS-M2C171-F1
- JASO DH-2
- JASO MA/MA2
- MAN M3575
- MB-Approval 228.31
- Volvo VDS-4.5, 4
- Provides 1.5% improved fuel economy performance compared to SAE 15W-40 oils
- Triple Protection Plus formula combines fully synthetic base oils with advanced additives for excellent equipment protection and long engine life
- Formulated with additive technology that protects against the effects of soot, dirt and other contaminants
- Engineered with shear stability to resist viscosity loss and maintain optimal engine oil pressure
- Suitable for diesel-powered vehicles from tractor/trailers to classic cars and heavy-duty diesel pickups that allow an SAE 5W-40