This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) is an industry standard technology for the connected home. MoCA technology runs over the existing in-home coaxial cabling, enabling whole-home distribution of high definition video and content. PCT’s MoCA bypass drop amplifier is designed to provide the ability to use MoCA technology to communicate to all the amplifier output ports from the modem port, bypassing the amplifier itself. The built-in MoCA entry filter allows the MoCA signals to traverse the home network without leaking out to any adjacent cable customers. The amplifier works transparently with all MoCA enabled devices such as: in-home networking between MoCA cable modem/router, set-top boxes and other network devices (for example: gaming consoles, PCs, laptops, tablets, etc.). The passive modem bypass port supports critical applications such as phone services, which require high reliability to provide uninterrupted service, even in the event of power outages or amplifier failure.
- NOT FOR SATELLITE TV. Provides 8 amplified output ports with Active Return. All ports “talking” – MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) devices on the bypass port can communicate to all other output ports.
- Can be used for distribution of video in the house, or for applications with a multi-room MoCA enabled DVR. Supports high speed home networking without additional cabling, which allows internet service, videos and gaming to share bandwidth without losing speed and quality.
- All ports “talking” – MoCA devices on the bypass port can communicate to all other output ports. Supports providers which require MoCA support – like many FIOS subscribers.
- Benefits: Use with MoCA Wi-Fi extenders, MoCA enabled cable TV boxes. Integrated MoCA entry filter eliminates need for separate MoCA Point-of-Entry filter. Integrated filter keeps MoCA signals within the home network and blocks them from reaching neighboring homes. Compatible with all standard and digital Cable TV services.
- Unity gain – amplified in both directions (upstream and downstream) to compensate for splitter loss.