This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
Even with the roomiest of vehicles, packing the car for a long trip can quickly turn into a frustrating game of Tetris. CURT cargo carriers are a simple yet effective solution for maximizing the storage area of your vehicle. The advantage of a hitch-mounted cargo carrier is that it can be mounted on the rear or front end of the vehicle as long as the vehicle is properly equipped with the right receiver hitch. Mounting a cargo carrier in the front opens up the rear receiver hitch for towing a trailer or adding a second carrier or bike rack if needed. The hitch-mounted design also makes installation quick and easy. CURT basket cargo carriers feature a strong bolt-together design and are made with heavy-duty carbide steel and a tubular construction for increased strength. One of the advantages of the basket style is its 6″ high sides. These provide extra security and peace of mind during travel. This particular basket cargo carrier features a 2″ x 2″ bent, folding shank to provide more ground clearance and to fold up and out of the way whenever necessary. It also comes with a strong mesh platform to accept up 500 lbs. of cargo and has a durable black powder coat finish to resist rust, scratches and UV damage. Whether you prefer the hitch-mounted carrier or the roof rack option, CURT has cargo management solutions to meet your needs.
- ENHANCED SECURITY. This trailer hitch cargo carrier keeps your items secure during travel, featuring 6-inch high walls around the cargo basket. These walls can be used to fasten a cargo net or cargo bag.
- ADAPTABLE. This cargo hitch carrier is equipped with a folding, angled shank. The folding feature allows the cargo carrier to be folded up when not in use, and the angled shank provides additional ground clearance.
- EASY TO CLEAN. This hitch mounted cargo carrier frees up cargo space inside your vehicle and keeps messy items outside your vehicle. It also features a mesh base to easily clean up messes.
- INTEGRATED SAFETY. With integrated reflectors on the frame, this hitch cargo rack promotes a safe ride. The reflectors add visibility to the cargo carrier and your vehicle.
- DURABLE BUILD. This trailer hitch cargo carrier is constructed from tubular steel to promote high strength and a lightweight design. It is also finished with an E-coat and carbide black powder coat for long-lasting corrosion resistance.